Tai Chi Classes are held at Morwell and Churchill (Latrobe Valley, Victoria).
Classes start in the first week of February and then follow school term scheduled dates until shortened at the end of Term 4. Also Public Holidays reduce the number of sessions provided – particularly for the Monday Morwell sessions.
Term 1, 2017 Morwell Feb 6 – Mar 27 (7 weeks*)
Churchill Feb 7- Mar 28 (8 weeks)
Term 2, 2017 Morwell Apr 24- Jun-26 (9 weeks*)
Churchill May 2 – Jun 27 (9 weeks*)
Term 3, 2017 Morwell Jul 17 – Sep 18 (10 weeks)
Churchill Jul 18 – Sep 19 (10 weeks)
Term 4, 2017 Morwell Oct 9 – Dec 4 (9 weeks)
Churchill Oct 10 – Dec 5 (9 weeks*)
* Classes are not scheduled for Public and School Holidays
See term details below. For further inquiries or to make a booking please *Contact* here
MORWELL, DAY CLASS: Mondays, 1-2 PM
- Classes are held in the Foyer, at Kernot Hall, (Venue next to the Lake, behind the GippsTafe) on Princes Drive, Morwell
- Doors open at 1, for registration, before starting at 1.05 pm.
- Ample parking is available in the carpark adjacent to railway line and limited parking is available alongside the lake and Kernot Hall Entry.
- There will be no Morwell sessions scheduled for Labour day – Mar 13, Easter Monday – April 18 and Queen’s Birthday – Jun 12, Public Holidays.
- Occasional venue changes are advised at a prior class, whereupon the session is switched to the Morwell District Girl Guide Hall, near the Morwell Leisure Centre (enter from Margaret St.) Ample off- road parking is available .
- See also: News Update for these changes.
CHURCHILL, DAY CLASS TUES 9-10 am
CHURCHILL, EVENING CLASS TUES 6-7 pm
- Doors open at 9 am or 6 pm for registration, before starting approx. 5 mins after.
- *This is a changed venue since July 2011.
- Enter the building at glass doors, Follow corridor to right (alongside the Library); room is first door on the left.
- Parking is available in Phillip Pde and also inside the designated off-road car-park next to the Skate Park .
- There will be no Churchill sessions scheduled for ANZAC Day – Term 1, Apr 25 and Melb Cup Day – Term 4, Nov 7, Public Holidays.
TRARALGON & CHILDREN’S CLASSES (CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE)
- Inquiries will be accepted for a possible future class.
FEES and CONDITIONS
- ALL persons must sign a declaration that they are in sound health or provide a medical certificate to support their participation in TTC classes.
- The first week of attendance (at any time during the term) is a free trial for newcomers.
- There is a Term Joining Fee ($30 or $20 conc.) This is non- refundable.
- Credit will be issued* for the difference between Term and Attendance Fees paid. ie TF @$30 – total AF x4 @$5 =Cr.$10; TF@20-total AF x 3 @$5 =Cr $5. All Cr has 12 mth expiry. (* excludes a cancelled pre-paid Morwell venue.)
- For Newcomers the Term Fee is due at the next week attended.
- For returning members the Term Fee is due from week 1.
- Additionally, an Attendance fee of $5.00 is payable at each session attended. (Except for the newcomers’ free trial session).
- A Single Session Fee Option (apart from the trial session) is $10 for all.
- Note: Churchill Day Class fee structure has changed to the dual system as with the other classes. The Up-Front Fee is now replaced by a smaller upfront “TERM FEE” ($30/$20 conc.) with a $5 ATTENDANCE FEE paid at each session after the free trial .
- Each class size is limited.
- TTC reserves the right to cancel the program (with notification).
- Please See Important Notice as a pre-requisite to attendance of any session.
- Prior booking is required to ensure placement in the class.
- Note *Dates and Venues are subject to Changes. See News Update Link or from weekly classes or by inquiry.
The TTC Registration Form and Class Notices are currently available at classes or email by request.